Total Immersion Swimming Techniques

I have tried to incorporate the principles of Total Immersion Swimming into my daily swims. The main idea is streamlining your whole body and getting the most out of your body's ability to glide.

Before I even heard of Total Immersion Swimming I knew instinctively that people who swim with their heads raised are working harder than they need to. I tried to make sure my head was down and my posture was balanced. Breathing on both sides really helped me even out my stroke.

I learned to stretch out my stroke by reaching as far as I could and holding the glide position as long as I could. I learned these techniques form a free video online at Total Immersion Swimming.

These simple changes to my stroke made a huge difference. My swimming became more relaxed, more elegant, more efficient.

No comments: