Stroke Count in Total Immersion Swimming

So for the past week I've been counting strokes, the number of strokes it takes me to get from one end of the pool to the other. This is one of the training methods in the Total Immersion Swimming DVD.

The idea is to get a benchmark number of strokes and then to try to make your stroke more efficient so that you can decrease the number of strokes and still make it from one end of the pool to the other.

It used to take me 23-24 strokes, but when I am paying attention and striving to lengthen my body and use the glide I can cross the pool in 19 or 20 strokes. And I feel like I am doing it with much less effort. I feel like I am swimming better, more efficiently, more streamlined, and more elegantly.

That's what I love abut this method, you get results right away. You always feel like you are improving. And I have been enjoying my swims so much more, really looking forward to them every morning.

No comments: